Surviving on just 1000 calories is not healthy, and this diet plan should not be followed for more than one week. Continuing this diet after the stipulated time may lead to nutritional deficiency, and the body might go into starvation mode. Moreover, the body’s metabolism may reduce over the long run and one may have to face severe health consequences.
Such a diet plan is usually recommended when obesity is a major health issue and one has to lose weight to treat existing health problems. People who need to be active or involved in strenuous jobs should not follow this diet plan. The diet plan is also not suitable for children, pregnant or lactating women and those facing any health issues.
Dairy product + Fruit + Breads + 1 beverage
Mid-Morning Snack: (100 calories)
Snacks + Fruit juice
Lunch: (200 calories)
Soup or juice + Meat or Veggies + Breads
Mid-afternoon Snack: (100 calories)
Snack + Beverage
Dinner: (200 calories)
Breads + Vegetables
Bedtime Snack: (100 calories)
1 fruit or 1 snack
|Black tea, brewed, without sugar, 8 fl. oz.||2|
|Black coffee, instant, regular, without sugar, 6 fl. oz.||4|
|Beer, light, 1 can of 12 oz.||99|
|Wine, white, 1 serving of 5 fl oz.||121|
|Lettuce, iceberg, 1 leaf (large)||2|
|Cabbage, raw, shredded, 1 cup||17|
|Cauliflower, one-inch pieces, boiled with salt, 1 cup||28|
|Tomatoes, raw, chopped, 1 cup||32|
|Okra, slices, boiled with salt, 1 cup||36|
|Spinach, boiled with salt, 1 cup||41|
|Beans, snap beans, green, boiled with salt, 1 cup||44|
|Pumpkin, masked, 1 cup||49|
|Carrots, raw, chopped, 1 cup||52|
|Broccoli, chopped, boiled with salt, 1 cup||54|
|Baked potatoes, with skin, flesh and salt, ½ (61 g) cup||57|
|Sweet potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed, ½ cup||125|
|Green peas, frozen, boiled with salt, 1 cup||134|
|Corn, sweet, white, kernels boiled with salt, 1 cup||154|
|Pear, ½ cup||42|
|Grapefruit, ½ cup||42|
|Watermelon, 1 cup||46|
|Strawberries, 1 cup||49|
|Cantaloupe, 1 cup||54|
|Papaya, 1 cup||55|
|Orange, 1 cup||60|
|Grapes, 1 cup||62|
|Apple, 1 cup||65|
|Peach, 1 cup||68|
|Figs, ½ cup||74|
|Pineapple, 1 cup||82|
|Pomegranate, ½ cup||83|
|Guava, 1 cup||112|
|Kiwi, 1 cup||121|
|Grains, Breads and Cereals||Calories|
|Bread, rye, 1 slice||47|
|Toasted multigrain bread, 1 slice||69|
|Bread, oat bran, toasted, 1 slice||70|
|Pasta, plain, cooked, 2 oz.||75|
|Plain pancake, 1||86|
|Cinnamon raisin bagel, toasted, 1||156|
|Oatmeal, cooked without salt, 1 cup||156|
|Bread, pita, white, 1 pita||165|
|Brown rice, cooked, 1 cup||216|
|Tuna, baked, 3 oz.||118|
|Lamb, roasted, 2 oz.||164|
|Beef, roasted, 3 oz.||168|
|Pork, baked, 4 slices||176|
|Chicken, roasted, 3 oz.||201|
|Egg, boiled, 1||211|
|Cottage cheese, low-fat, 100 grams||72|
|Milk, nonfat, 1 cup||86|
|Yogurt, fruit, low-fat, 6 oz.||161|
|Cheddar cheese, low-fat, 100 grams||173|
|Chicken soup, broth, canned, 1 cup||38|
|Tomato soup, plain, 1 cup||74|
|Cream of mushroom soup, canned, 1 cup||104|
|Muffin, oat bran, 1||46|
|Crackers, whole-wheat, low-salt, 3||54|
|Crackers, saltines, fat-free, 3||59|
|Pretzels, soft, 1 oz.||95|
|Frozen waffle, 1 square||100|
|Vanilla wafers, 1 piece||117|
|Popcorn, 1 oz.||120|
|Whole-wheat English muffin, 1||134|
- Oatmeal is another great option for breakfast.
- To prepare breakfast cereal you can use low-fat skimmed milk (1 cup) and one cup diced apple.
- You can start your day with breakfast cereal.
- Have it along with a boiled egg. This breakfast amounts to about 329 calories.
- You can have 1 cup kiwi along with it. This constitutes 277 calories.
- This shake will add 65 calories to your diet plan.
- For a mid-morning snack, you can prepare a slimming shake from milk and strawberries.
- To prepare this shake, take one cup of skimmed milk and blend with ½ cup of strawberries.
- You may also choose to have a serving of fruits. This snack adds 91 calories to the diet plan.
- Mid-afternoon Snack
- Instead of a sandwich, you could concoct your very own salad platter with fresh greens and dress it with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- You can use 2 ounces of roasted chicken and 2 slices of whole grain reduced-calorie diet bread.
- Prepare a sandwich for lunch.
- You can add sliced tomatoes, cucumber, onions, mushrooms, etc., to the sandwich.
- Complete your meal with a plum and drink a juice. Make sure you do not exceed 200 calories.
- You may have one oat bran muffin and a cup of black coffee for the mid-afternoon snack. You consume 50 calories.
- You can also stuff the rice into the tortillas or serve it later along with the tortillas.
- The ingredients for this recipe are half cup beans (any type), shredded lettuce (1 cup), low-fat cheddar cheese (1 slice), flour tortilla shells (1 large or 2 small), and rice that will provide 75 calories.
- Now for dinner, you can prepare a Mexican fiesta.
- To prepare this recipe, first warm the beans and flour tortillas. Then stuff the beans, sour cream, and cheese into the tortillas.
- Then roll the tortillas, and your Mexican fiesta is ready. The dinner provides approximately 250 calories.
- You may relish one cup of whole strawberries and half a cup of pomegranate, serving as your bedtime snack; this will contribute around 132 calories to the diet.
- The total calorie intake of the day equals 1000.